HOME & ABBOT'S NEWS
Cistercian Monks Endeavour to
- Seek God and follow Jesus Christ in a community of love.
- Give priority to the praise of God.
- Witness to the contemplative dimension of human existence.
- Live a discrete life of solitude, simplicity and fidelity, sharing everything in common.
- Extend hospitality to all those who visit us.
- Foster strong bonds with the Christian Churches.
- Work for a better understanding between other religions of the world.
- Be faithful stewards of our place and environment.
Daily Life of the Monk
- Daily celebration of the Eucharist.
- Chanting the Divine Office, prayer,meditation,reading and study.
- Exercise of Hospitality.
- Manual work caring for each other and our environment.
The Abbey is situated in a beautiful, relatively remote, rural area of New Zealand on a dairy farm between Dannevirke and Waipukurau, Central Hawke's Bay.
Visitors are always welcome at the Monastery. Guests are invited to share in the monastic services and to enjoy the peace of this sacred place. Those who may wish to have a deeper experience of the life are able to stay in the monastery guesthouse. Prior booking is essential.
Community Mass at: 10.00am
Community Mass at: 8.00am
Newsletter: December 2014 Southern Star Abbey, Kopua, New Zealand
Click here to download a PDF version of the Newsletter: December 2014
The Abbey Today – Part 1 (Duration 5 minutes):
The Abbey Today – Part 2 (Duration 5 minutes):
The First 10 Years (Duration 20 minutes):
Abbot's news: click here to got to the Publications page and view the latest issue
Father John Pettit (Superior)
Br Tony Brown
Br Bruce Cleaver
Br Alphonsus Nevin
Fr Maxime Palmer
Br Kalolo Tonga
Fr Niko Verkley